Thursday, June 11, 2009

mixness

My sister graduated from high school last week and she is moving to college next Friday. My little sis is growing up! I starting to think of something that I could do for her...just as a little 'yeah you graduated!' and going away present. The one that is first and foremost on my mind is to organize a little garden party. There would have to be twinkle lights, and fun colors. But what else? I need ideas. I have a good picture in my mind, but no words to really describe it at the moment. hmm. And I want to make something yummy. Thoughts are welcome, please!

oh and my Dad is most likely going to India for 3 weeks. Crazy eh?

Speaking of India, did anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance?! There was a couple that danced to Baliwood and it was AMAZING!! I want to learn how to dance and go to India!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Yay a garden party! Here are some ideas for food: http://www.foodnetwork.com/paulas-home-cooking/garden-party/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/garden-cupcake-frostings-recipe/index.html
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1934,149185-243195,00.html
ALSO, this recipe - MINI SANDWICHES
Frozen Rhodes Rolls (regular size)
Defrost, cut in half and bake.

Deli Roast Beef* with Horseradish Sauce
Deli Smoked Turkey with Apricot Curry
Deli Ham with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

Sauces:
Horseradish Sauce:
3 C Sour Cream
9 t Dijon Mustard
9 t Horseradish

Apricot Curry:
1 jar Mayo
1 jar Apricot Jam
1 T Curry

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce:
1 Jar Mayo
1/2 Jar Raspberry Chipotle from Costco
(Can make own with seedless raspberry jam, and canned chipotles to taste)

*Roast beef also good with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce


and for decorating - you can make folded hand-held fans with wrapping paper of your choice. You can make a bouquet of fresh flowers for the centerpiece, and have one or two flowers on the plates. Ribbon is fun around the napkins and/or silverware. Even if you do balloons, keep them all the same color. So, if your twinkling lights are all white - get all white pearl balloons and put them in groups of 3-6. A glass pitcher, with a fun drink -with pieces of fresh fruit is really pretty.

Wow. This is a lot. Let me know if any of it is useful!