Sunday, October 26, 2008

The smile of a one year old

Hey.  I haven't been on this in a long while, so I am going to try and be better from here on out.  

This weekend was crazy fun.  I earned 40 dollars by helping fix up a home to be put on the market to be sold soon.  The family I was helping had a beautiful 3 year old son who has down syndrome.  He was one of the sweetest kids I've ever met!  It reminded me of highschool when I had the opportunity to help kids with an assortment of disabilities three times a week.  People who have disabilities, whether they are physical or mental, are some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  They have this great love of life and want to share that love and curiosity for things with everyone!  

Later that same day, I saw a friend from my freshman year of college raking leaves out in front of an apartment complex she manages with her 13-month old son Jaq.  At one point, he took my hand and was trying to show me something that fell off a tree.  He looked up at me and smiled wide that he could show me this new-found discovery.  It melted my heart. 

Why is it that kids are so entertaining?  I think one huge reason is the fact that they love new things.  How come we begin to lose that as we all grow older?  

No comments: